Monday, January 21, 2013

Scouting out the shots....

Today my friend Krista and I took advantage of having the day off school, and wandered around Annapolis in preparation for my first client's engagement shoot in February.  It was bitterly cold and windy, but we were determined to make the best of it. 

We started at the parking garage and made our way down main street towards the docks. We passed a favorite spot of my husband and mine - the Boston Shoe Repair painting above the newspaper stands. While I won't take pictures of my client here, I agreed to take a few shots of Krista since she likes the spot so much (and since they recently re-painted it too!).


Photo by Meaghan Elliott












We made our way down to the docks where families were feeding the seagulls. It was fun to watch the little kids enjoy the attention from the birds, and it made me think it would lead to some cute action shots too. Must remember to bring some bread crumbs to get the seagulls to gather around....  

                      


Then we headed further down the docks. There were a lot of boats still on "Ego Alley" so it allowed a lot of chances to play with the boats as backgrounds and props. I'm hoping they will still be there next month when it is time to shoot because I don't think there will be a lot of greenery around for my couple. 


                                         

















I think the benches down by the water will provide a cute spot too- perhaps a few shots from the back with their arms around each other, or at an angle while they cuddle and smooch....


My client's fiance is in the Air Force, so Krista and I decided to head to the Naval Academy. This was a new experience for me, because I hadn't walked around on the grounds before. There were a few ideas there- like the bench below with the word "commitment" on it...perfect for marriage right?? 


Then we had to go thaw out in the visitors center.... Soon we headed up some of the side streets towards State Circle and found a few other photo gems....I took pictures of places to remember, but no need to put those yucky ones up :p

Here is yet another cute one of Krista in a neat spot....



Needless to say, I think I will be able to fill the 2 hours of shooting time with lots of ideas and TONS of photos....I can hardly wait!



   

No comments:

Post a Comment